THE SACERDOTAL COUNCIL OF CAO DAI TAY NINH HOLY SEE JOINS THE WORLD ALLIANCE OF RELIGIONS FOR PEACE SUMMIT IN SEOUL,
Updated 2014-09-25 21:40:24
(Reported from Seoul, South Korea on September 16th, 2014 by Archbishop Thai Con Thanh, Archbishop Ngoc Hong Thanh and Deacon Thuong Canh Thanh. Pictures taken by Nguyen Tri Luc- Translated by Tuan Em)
Day 1 - Leaving Vietnam for Seoul, South Korea. (Sept. 16, 2014)
In response to the invitation of H.E Man Hee Lee, Chairman of the Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light (HWPL), the Sacerdotal Council of Cao Đai Tay Ninh Holy See agred to attend the World Alliance of Religions for World Peace Summit 2014 in Seoul, South Korea.
This is the third time that the Cao Dai Sacerdotal Council has preached abroad after the two fruitful missions to Japan (May 2nd, 2013) and Taiwan (July 19th, 2013)
The Sacerdotal Council delegation was headed by His Eminence Cardinal Thuong Tam Thanh and consisted of 13 delegates as follows:
1. His Eminence Cardinal Thuong Tam Thanh, Chairman of the Sacerdotal Council.
2. Archbishop Thai Con Thanh, Acting Principal Archbishop of the Taoist branch.
3. Archbishop Huong Dat - Acting Principal Archbishop for Female Affairs.
4. Archbishop Ngoc Hong Thanh, Chief of Cabinet of the Principal Archbishop of the Confucianist branch, and Head of the Ministry of Interior for Male Affairs
5. Archbishop Huong Cung, Deputy Chief of the Ministry of Interior for Female Affairs
6. Deacon Thuong Em Thanh in charge of Security
7. Nguyen Tri Luc, Photographer
8. Mr. Trang Van Hai, Deputy Director of the Department of Interior Affairs and Chairman of the Tay Ninh Provincial Committee for Religious Affairs.
9. Deacon Thuong Canh Thanh, Official Representative of Cao Dai overseas.
10. Deacon Thai Co Thanh, Head of Washington DC Parish
11. Deacon Ngoc Tua Thanh, Deputy Head of Washington DC Parish
12. Deacon Huong Me, Deputy Head of Camden, New Jersey, Parish
13. Vo Kim Thoan, Assistant in charge of the Overseas Representative Office.
At 1:00pm on September 15th, 2014, at the Holy See in Tay Ninh, Acting Principal Archbishop Ngoc Thuong Thanh and other dignitaries hosted a tea farewell party for the delegation.
At 2:00pm, the delegation departed from the Tay Ninh Cao Đai Holy See, stopped over at the District 1 Parish in Ho Chi Minh City on its way to Tan Son Nhat Airport. It arrived there at 8:30pm.
Seeing off the delegation at the airport, there were over 20 dignitaries, sub-dignitaries and followers from the Ho Chi Minh City parish led by Archbishop Thuong Minh Thanh, as well as other 30 dignitaries and sub-dignitaries from the Tay Ninh Cao Đai Holy See.
After exchanging greetings and wishes, the Sacerdotal Council delegation boarded flight VN408 of Vietnam Airlines at 11:15pm (local time in Vietnam) and landed in Incheon Airport in Seoul at 7:10am (local time in South Korea) on Tuesday morning, September 16th, 2014.
At the terminal of Incheon Airport, hundreds of youths from the organizing host greeted the delegation, waving flags of HWPL, South Korea and other nations. They presented to each member of the Cao Dai delegation a welcome wreath. Representatives of HWPL then took the delegation to Lotte City Hotel in central Seoul which is around 60 km away from the airport to rest after a long night flight.
The Summit agenda lasts three days from 17 September to 19 September 2014. According to the Organizing Committee, there will be around two hundred thousand participants in this Summit. As mentioned in the Summit Program, His Eminence Cardinal Thuong Tam Thanh will be part of a Panel Session and will deliver an important address.